Epson printer not printing black generally occurs if there is an issue in the printer head. Sometimes, if the printer’s driver is outdated then it might lead to such error. Further, if the document that you want to print is corrupted then this problem might arise.
Paper-related issues, cartridge problem or low ink levels can also be the reason behind not black ink. Thus, you need to check these factors before you move on to any advanced procedure.
Effective Ways to Fix if Printer not Printing Black
Below are the most effective ways that you can implement on your own to fix the Epson XP-410 printer not printing black issues.
Solution 1: Check the Ink Cartridge
To check the ink cartridges you need to perform the below-mentioned steps:
- At first, replace the ink cartridges which are low on ink or empty.
- After that, check whether ink cartridges have snapped into its proper place or not. Ensure it is appropriately installed in their respective slots.
- If you install a new cartridge make sure that you remove the tape covering the vent. If the vents of the cartridges are blocked, you can fix it with the help of a pin.
- After that, check whether the printer is able to recognize the cartridges or not.
Solution 2: Check the Printhead
To fix the Epson printer not printing black ink issue, check the printhead.
- At first, check whether the printheads are clogged or not. If your printer does not have an automatic printhead cleaning feature, then clean it manually.
- In case, the automatic printhead cleaning feature does not work for the first time, then just run it again.
If these solutions are unable to help you then you need to use the Printer Troubleshooter tool.
Solution 3: Turn On the Printer Troubleshooter
Here are the steps that you need to follow to open the Printer Troubleshooter tool.
- At first, go to the Taskbar and select the “Cortana Type here to search” option.
- After that, go to the Search box and type troubleshoot and right-click on it to open the Settings window.
- After that, choose the Printer option. Then, open the window and select the “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- Then, from the troubleshooter’s window choose the HP printer model and click on the Next button.
- Thereafter, press the Windows key and R at the same time to open the Printer troubleshooter in other Windows platforms. Then, go to the Open box option and select the Control Panel option.
- Now, select the OK button. After that, open the Control Panel applet option and for that select the Troubleshooting option.
- Then, select the View All option to open a full list of troubleshooters option.
- In the end, go to the Printer option and select the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
Now, wait till the problem gets resolved. Hopefully, applying the above solutions you will be able to resolve the problems if Epson printer not printing black without any hassle.